Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centers

Rehabilitation centers for drug and alcohol abusers provide life changing services to individuals. The service may be required as part of a court-ordered incarceration program. The service is also available to individuals who recognize addiction concerns and voluntarily enter into a treatment program. Services are provided on both an outpatient and inpatient basis. Many offer intensive in-patient services combined with … Read More

Social Services Agencies

Coverage for the professional liability exposures of social services agencies may be insured under a professional liability program specifically designed for their needs. The coverage’s major emphasis is on professional services rendered by the insured agency and its employees in individual, family, or group therapy, interview, or counseling sessions. Limited medical malpractice coverage is provided when employed psychiatrists on the … Read More

Youth Group Homes

Youth group homes are residences that serve young persons up to age 19. In addition to providing housing, they provide services such as pregnancy prevention counseling for adolescents, counseling for children with AIDS/HIV, group counseling, individual or family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, and job training. Some also provide related services such as child adoption, day care, emergency shelter, and … Read More

Youth Outreach Programs

Property and liability insurance coverage is available for buildings and equipment used in urban neighborhood centers for youth. Activities may include recreation, counseling, tutoring, and social events. These are not residential facilities and do not usually provide individualized drug and alcohol treatment and counseling. The coverage provided applies to the sponsoring nonprofit organization and its employee workers and volunteers.

Emergency Service Organizations

Organizations that provide pre-hospital care, such as public and private ambulance services, fire departments, first-aid teams, rescue squads, and first responders are eligible for coverage under specialty programs. Such programs provide professional liability, auto liability, auto physical damage, inland marine, commercial general liability, umbrella liability, directors and officers liability, workers compensation, and employers’ liability coverages. Coverage on real and personal … Read More

Halfway Houses

Nonprofit agencies or community service organizations usually operate halfway houses. Both property and general liability coverage is available. Examples of such houses include drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities; battered women and abused children shelters; and homes for mentally handicapped adults. Professional liability coverage is also available. Halfway houses for paroled ex-criminal offenders are very difficult to place.

Battered Persons Facilities

These facilities offer shelter to people who are abused or battered by their spouses or significant others. Many provide respite care and provide safe housing for the victim and any children as they transition to more permanent arrangements and solutions. These shelters are usually at undisclosed secure locations. Their primary feature is lodging and board but a variety of treatment … Read More

Home Health Care Agencies

Insurance programs for home health care agencies are available to hospitals, social service associations, and labor unions as well as independent home healthcare agencies. Coverages provided usually include general liability, personal injury liability, non-owned auto liability, and professional liability. Insured persons include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), aides, physical and occupational therapists, and others. Physicians are not eligible. … Read More

Community Service Agencies

Coverage is available for nonprofit community service agencies and organizations, such as senior citizens community centers, home visitation services, youth centers, and neighborhood centers. Coverages usually required include property, casualty, and professional liability coverages.

Developmental Disabilities Facilities

There are facilities designed for individuals who have developmental and mental health disabilities. Insurance programs for these facilities provide liability coverages, including professional liability coverage for employed psychologists, social workers, nurses, and staff members. Facilities covered include group homes, halfway houses, sheltered workshops, and schools.