Flood Insurance

insurance coverages for personal and commercial property


You stopped talking about your flood policy years ago.  It inevitably led to eye rolling and whispers behind your back.  This was the high desert after all, drier than anyone might like most of the time.  But you’ve been around decades longer than these newcomers, and you’ve seen a few things in your day. 

That night started out like any other monsoon.  Like it couldn’t decide whether it was going to rain or not.  The cat plaintively sounded at the door, and you shuffled across your newly laid silver hickory floors to let it in.    The rain picked up steadily, and you tried to think back to the last time it rained this hard. 

Several hours later the dog began barking at the back door, which you thought odd because the cat was already in.  As you put down your book and get up again, the door creaks, then bursts open.  The red mud pours through the door like uninvited enchilada sauce.  Your first instincts are to grab towels or to flee.  Until you see that the situation is way beyond towels, and that your car is hopelessly mired. Or does it seem to be sliding down the driveway?

With nothing left to do but wait it out, you cozy up with your furry friends knowing that your flood policy will help you rise above it all.

Our dedicated independent agencies can accurately assess your flood insurance needs and, should a claim ever arise, be your advocate throughout the process. Discover the network agency nearest you to shop locally for superior service and expert knowledge.

PHLY Insurance.jpg

Flooding is defined by the National Flood Insurance Program as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from: Overflow of inland waters, unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff.

Flood insurance policies cover physical damage to your property and possessions from floods or flood-related losses due to rising water in high risk areas. The federal government runs the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which can issue flood insurance policies.

flood banner.jpg

Even if you have, renters, condo, landlord, mobile home or business insurance, you may need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy to have protection from flood damage. Most homeowners insurance policies do not cover damage caused by flooding. This is important to check when getting flood insurance quotes. If your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you can buy flood insurance coverage through agents enrolled in the NFIP-Direct program.


You can download the information sheets below for more information from PHLY on the flood insurance programs available.